Wix.com is a website builder and web host that offers free and paid options for domain names, hosting, and more. It is the most flexible website builder available, with over 800 free templates to choose from. In addition, Wix is known for its eCommerce functionality through its app market, making it easy to create an online store without any coding knowledge! If you’re considering choosing Wix as your website builder of choice, you’ll want to read our full review of this powerful service!
Table Of Contents
- What Is Wix?
- Who Should Use Wix?
- Pros & Cons
- Ease of Use
- Ecommerce Capabilities
- Tools and Features
- Wix Support
What Is Wix?
Wix is a website builder that allows you to create your own personalized website. More than 200 million users use the Wix platform because it’s easy for beginners without coding experience to create the website they need. In addition, Wix is well known for its eCommerce features that make it possible to create an online store with ease.
Who Should Use Wix?
If you’re a small business, online store, or restaurant, you’ll find the layouts perfect for your needs. Wix offers multiple application integration as well as is optimized ed for mobile devices. With tons of templates to choose from, high-quality SEO tools, and other essential features, it’s easy to create an online presence for your business.
However, if you’re the type of person who likes to control or custom-code various aspects of your website, Wix may not be the best option for you. You won’t have a say with updates or your site website, which makes this a disadvantage of using the platform.
Pros of Wix
- Wix provides incredible support and help, especially with their searchable knowledge base
- Easy to use drag and drop tools make it simple for anyone to create a high-quality website
- Flexibility and creative freedom, making it simple to customize your website as needed
- Offers inexpensive pricing plans to fit anyone’s budgetary needs
Cons Of Wix
- Unable to change templates without having to re-do your entire website
- Tons of designs and options which can feel overwhelming if you’re a beginner
- It can be expensive depending on the plan and features you need for your business
Wix has the most templates available for any website builder and even includes tons at no extra cost. You can search by category or browse through them all to find the perfect one for your needs! If you’re not finding the ideal layout, you can use elements from the designs you love to create your own customized website.
This is perfect if you’re not interested in hiring a web designer or you need inspiration for your website since they’re consistently maintained and updated. If you prefer to create your website with a web designer, you can choose to custom-code through the platform as well.
Wix offers various pricing plans, allowing you to choose the plan that best fits your website needs. If you want to stick with the free option, you can do that for as long as you would like. However, if you’re going to integrate features like eCommerce, accepting payments, or creating custom domains, you’ll have to choose a custom plan.
You can either choose from:
- Website Plans: Website plans are great for basic professional websites. Plans start at $14 per month for personal use up to $39 per month for VIP packages, including advertising, graphic design, and increased storage space.
- Business & eCommerce Plans: This package is necessary for any website that accepts online payments, such as a shop or charity. Basic business plans start at $23 per month up to Business VIP for $49 per month.
- Enterprise Plans: If you need completely customized solutions for your brand, you have the option of choosing the enterprise plan. This involves working with a professional at Wix to create and launch your next project. The enterprise plan starts at $500 per month.
Which is better? This answer all depends on how you use your plan.
The free version of Wix is arguably the best website builder out there. While it does come with a few limitations, these are mostly related to eCommerce, and you can always upgrade if needed at any time in order to take advantage of these features.
If your company is looking for some more advanced tools and capabilities, you’ll want to consider choosing a paid membership instead. Thankfully, the pricing is a lot lower than many online website builders on the market, making it easier to create the website of your dreams.
Ease Of Use
Wix is an excellent choice for those looking to create a website without any coding knowledge, as the drag-and-drop interface makes it very easy. With tons of designs to choose from, you’ll find something that fits your needs with ease!
There are some areas where Wix falls short such as not allowing clients to have control over updates or server locations which can be off-putting to more tech-savvy people. Plus, there are so many options and information available that it can feel overwhelming to beginners who have never built or used an online website builder before.
Ecommerce is a big category for Wix. Wix allows you to create an online store without any coding knowledge, making it perfect for small business owners who don’t want to spend time or money investing in this area. In addition, there is no limitation on how many products you can sell through the platform, whether you sell a physical or digital product.
With Wix’s eCommerce capabilities, you’re able to set up shipping options, create promotional codes, manage your store through the Wix application, and update listings with a few clicks. Plus, with their analytics, you’ll be able to check how much inventory you have, access customer information, and see how well your products are performing.
Tools And Features
There are many different features and tools available through the Wix application that are high-quality and scalable to fit your business needs. Here are some of the main features and tools on Wix:
- App Market: The app market is a compilation of many different free and paid apps that can be integrated into your website. This includes options such as Google Analytics integration, Mail signup forms, and eCommerce to create an online store.
- SEO: Search engine optimization, or SEO, is a high-quality practice that will help you rank higher in search engines like Google and Bing. SEO is a crucial tool to have when using a site builder as it allows you to create and share content that is important and offers value to your potential customers.
- Social Media Integration: With every website, you need to have a social media presence, and Wix is no different. They offer excellent integration for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tiktok, YouTube, and many more! This ensures that your customers can follow you on social media as well as promote the fantastic services you provide.
- Domain names: Your domain name is the website address your customers type in to find your business. Through the platform, you’re able to choose and purchase your domain directly.
- Marketing: Even if you don’t have the slightest clue on how to build a website or market your business, you’re able to find that security through Wix. The in-house marketing suite offers many different features such as a blog, social media integration, marketing videos, and advertising options.
- Security: When choosing a web provider, you want to ensure that you’re protected against hackers logging into your account or trying to steal your information. This is why every Wix account comes with built-in protection to ensure that your website and personal information are safe.
Wix does not currently offer live chat support. However, you’ll be able to contact Wix through their official online forum, social media, or by requesting a callback service. If you don’t want to wait, you’ll be able to browse through their extensive library of tutorials to find answers to your questions or provide guidance on how to fix something that’s gone wrong!
Plus, as you’re creating your website, you’ll notice question mark buttons throughout the page which are used to provide helpful information such as video tutorials or step-by-step instructions to use that element.
Wix Review Summary
Wix provides everything you need, regardless of your budget or needs. Suppose you’re looking to create a personal website, or you run a small business. In that case, Wix is an excellent platform to use because of its remarkable features such as e-commerce tools, photo gallery integration, social media capability.
However, it’s not perfect for everyone. For example, if you need a ton of customizability or you run a more significant corporate business, you might not enjoy using the Wix platform since you don’t have access to server locations or hosting options.
If you’re ready to try out Wix, you’ll want to start by signing up for a free account through their online website today!